Woah! Just like that we are only a few days away from 2017! I have shared how 2016 went for me in terms of meeting and also failing some of my goals and I’m ready to do it all over again in 2017. I have never felt such purpose in what I was doing and waking up each day knowing what my intentions were, being able to accomplish little things each day that led me to completing my goal and just feelings so overall productive! Once I started setting goals I never looked back for these very reasons.
I’ve only started setting goals and really “goal” digging in 2015 (just last year!). I’ve found that setting goals helps me to live with intention and purpose and I don’t feel like my life is just passing me by. I can look back and know that I’ve achieved or at least tried at some things. For far too many years, I’ve felt like I don’t even know what I’m doing or where I’m going. In other words, I’ve also felt more productive since developing the habit of setting goals.
Do you know what I’m talking about or are you also where I was a few years ago, just kinda aimlessly living life day in and day out? If so, it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. I want to share some basic and simple things I’ve picked up that you can implement right now and feel more confident about the new year.
- List your priorities: This is the “why” of what you’re doing. If you feel lost or out of track come back to this to remind yourself why you set those goals and why you want to reach those goals.
- Set goals around those priorities (and dates of when you want to accomplish those goals): For example, Health is one of my priorities. My goal is to weigh my healthy BMI by the end of May 2017.
- Write small steps to take in order to reach those goals: Continuing from above, the first step I would take to reach that goal is to plan and write in my planner the date to start and complete PIIT28 and a clean eating meal plan for 3 months.
- Share your goals to a close friend for support and accountability.
- Review your goals regularly. Put it on display.
It definitely takes some sitting down and reflecting time but I think it’s pretty straightforward right? I find it really exciting and makes me look forward to what the future will hold. The best part is the awesome feeling of living with purpose, intention and productivity!
Have you set any goals for the new year? Make some now if you haven’t already. Just start with the 5 points above! Do you already have your goals set? I would love to hear what some of the may be!
Happy New Year everyone!